In case I don't write to any of my friends this week, I'm sorry! Have yourselves good weeks!
My
companion and I get along well-enough, but we could improve on
strengthening our companionship. He and I have some differences. Today I
felt like maybe I was causing him some grief. My kind roommates helped
us out, but I still caused us to miss breakfast. Here's the story:
I
was late getting ready this morning, so I put the black ink or whatever
on my shoes, was in the hall ironing my shirt, when it was time to go
to breakfast. My companion was fretting or whatever, so my roommates,
Elder B and Elder M finished off my shoes for me - kind of them. They
left, and we were still too late for breakfast. We could have made it
in, but the doors were closed, and it was after closing time. We have
cards we swipe, and I don't know / think the machine would have taken
them at this point. So, we went to the store. We went to the Temple
afterwards, and on our way back others went to lunch, but my companion
and I went to our room and did the scheduled "personal study." He
complied, but maybe he wasn't totally happy about it. So, yeah...
Speaking
of kind Elders. There is this one Elder in our District named Elder S
(P.S. - he knows Skyler T, he even roomed with him. Dad / Mom / whoever,
tell Skylar we're in the same District?) He receives many packages from
his mom / family, and he comes and shares with us. Like, often. Almost,
if not every, night when we aren't fasting, he comes. Elder S
is a nice guy. When I got treats from home I said something like, "Now I
can be charitable like Elder S" or whatever, and Elder B (I believe)
later told me that Elder S heard me and had a huge smile when I said
that. He and I have gone to choir together, and to perform with the
choir on "splits" or "exchange" - our companions haven't gone to it,
so...
My time is running short. Sorry I haven't told you a ton
about the schedule yet. It varies by day, but: We wake up at 6:30 or so,
have like 30 minutes to prepare, have about 2 - 3ish hours of different
types of study, 6 (technically) hours of class time (including
language, training, study, and teaching "investigators") every day but
Sunday, and eating, planning. The last hour of the day (9:30 - 10:30) is
"Personal time." Sorry that's brief.
Have a great week everyone! Keep me in your prayers? Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment