Translate

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Week #104: Miguel Alemán 1.2 - XV- Week 18

One last time I write as a missionary. I want to express in this letter some of my thoughts and feelings as I reach the end of this phase of my life. My emotions have been all over the place. I have felt both peace and uncertainty, satisfaction and regret, happiness and sadness. Overall, I am grateful.

I am grateful that the Lord had mercy upon me, to let me serve as a missionary for these two years. I am grateful that despite my flaws, errors, and weaknesses, He let me be here, and serve in His vineyard. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for my companions, and for what I have been able to learn with them. I am grateful for President Bird, and all that I have been able to learn with him. I am trying to put it into practice. I know that we are blessed by the people we work with, serve with, and learn from.

Some of my letter to President this week reads as follows:

"It`s a bit strange that the mission is ending now. The time passes quickly, yet slowly. These past two years have been SO full, so absolutely full of experiences that have helped me grow, and become who I am becoming. I have not quite become yet. Today I reread a talk that I read before my mission. It`s called "Always in the Middle" by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. A few months ago I shared it with you all during one of our office meetings, and my thoughts. At this time I was literally near the middle of my missionary service. Today I am about to finish it. However, the fact remains that I am still in the middle of my life experience. I have learned so much, and I have so much left to learn. I know that my experiences in the field will help me in the future. I know that the Lord directs and inspires the transfers...

When [Elder Pasapera] found out the transfer, he was devastated [because he is also leaving the area]. He had imagined himself serving here in Miguel Alemán still. He has a big heart, and he opened it here to the people. He was sobbing, and I tried to console him, but I was not able to very well. When I told the Sisters the transfers, they helped console Elder Pasapera in a way that I could not, and we both learned from them (our call went a bit late, and around 10:50 they called back, thinking we were playing a joke on them with the news, but we weren`t). They talked about the inspiration in the transfers, that it is the Lord, and not you, who makes them. Something along those lines. Elder Pasapera was most upset with leaving our investigators, but the Sisters talked about how they aren`t OUR investigators, they are the LORD`S investigators. He will take charge and saved His children. Both Hermana Mendoza and Hermana González commented..."

I am grateful to the Lord for the blessing it has been to come closer to Him. I have been able to suffer, and enjoy, laugh, and worry, and grow in these last two years. It will be sweet to return home. It will be wonderful to be with my family again. I am going to work hard and live my life to the fullest, and serve the Lord. Last week I talked a lot about my goals and impressions from General Conference. I will continue to read, reflect, and study the talks, and let the Lord guide me in my life choices.

I am grateful to the Lord for all that He has done for me, and all that He will do for me. My time is very short now, with only some 3 minutes remaining. I want to express my gratitude to everyone who has helped me in these past two years. Thank you for the prayers, thoughts, emails, letters, gifts, and love. Thank you for everything that you have done for me. Thank you for being a part of my life and my mission. Thank you.

I have so much to share when I get home. The Sisters played a great prank on me on Sunday. I will tell you in person. I`m almost home. See you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment