Translate

Monday, September 8, 2014

Week #98: Miguel Alemán 1.2 - XVI - Week 12

Time flies really quickly when you`re writing and reading emails, and other things. The point is, this week my time is short to write, so I`ll try to make the most of it and write the best I can in these few minutes (I haven`t even written President yet...) that I have left.

This week was the last week of the transfer, and it was a pretty good week. Elder Pasapera and I continue working hard, and learning together. We were able to reach our minimum of 101 contacts, even though our goal was a bit higher. It was crazy. We had to do 40 on Sunday to make it, but we worked really hard and talked with a lot of people, and we were able to make it. We set at least one appointment as well, and we actually had a lesson that was a bit crazy.

We didn`t have a single change in the District, all eight of us are staying the same, with the same area and companions and everything. Sometimes change is hard, and sometimes staying the same is hard. However, I know that the Lord has a plan for each and every one of us, and that there is a reason that we are all staying the same for six more weeks. There is something that we need to learn that we have not learned yet. There are blessings we need to receive, struggle we need to have, and He will be with us every step of the way. These next six weeks will be weeks of growth and learning.

With my current planner I`m going to be a lot cleaner, and organized. When I started off my mission, I was very organized. Lately, I`ve gotten rather sloppy with my planner and planning, so today is the perfect day to change. Whenever we`ve got something out of order, or that needs to be better, today is the perfect day to change. The Lord has given us each day so that we can learn and grow and become better. We are with the people we are with so that we can become better. I`d like to share something that my Grandma Sandy shared with me this week in her letter to me:

"...I'm sure you are enjoying your missionary work. It seems like you and your companion get along really well. You have been blessed with good companions. You have been able to teach them things and I know they have taught you as well. Heavenly Father knows the people we need in our lives and places them near us at just the right time. Sometimes we don't know or understand why, but in looking back at my life I can see the lessons I have learned or the things I have been taught by knowing them."

I testify that these words are true. We are with the people we are with, where we are, for a reason. The Lord has a special plan for each of us, and He will help us to achieve it. I read a talk this morning from the July 2014 Ensign by Bishop Dean M. Davies that I liked a lot. He talked about how the Lord will not send us trials to impede us, but rather He will send them to help us grow, and that the Savior is always there to help us.

I testify that the Lord loves us and sustains us. I know that I will have trials in the next few weeks, and I know that the Lord will help me overcome them and learn what I need to learn. This week I have felt the love of my Savior Jesus Christ, and I know that He knows everything that I go through. I am grateful to Him for everytrhing that He does for me, as well as my loving Father in Heaven, and the Holy Ghost, who helps me feel this love.

No comments:

Post a Comment