Translate

Monday, September 8, 2014

Week #96: Miguel Alemán 1.2 - XVI - Week 10

This week was a pretty good one overall. It was actually a week and half, so it has been a while since we´ve had a real break, so it´s been pretty good. In these past 10 days I´ve been able to go on two different intercambios, and they were both pretty good overall. The first was with my Zone Leader Elder Fry, and it was fun. We only had one lessons (which was quite the visit), but we were able to have 30 contacts in the street, which was good. It was fun talking with Elder Fry. The other intercambio was with Elder Gómez, and it was pretty good too overall. We talked and got to know each other a bit better, which was pretty good.

We had a baptism this last Sunday. I already sent all of you some photos. Aneth´s baptism was an experience for sure. We didn´t prepare very well, so it was a bit chaotic to start with, but in the end everything worked out for Aneth and she was baptized by her uncle. She was confirmed that same day in Sacrament Meeting (we had the baptism in the morning before Church). Now we have to help her continue growing in the Church and learning more. We´re going to be reviewing the lessons with her to help her deepen her understanding of them.

What else has happened these past days? We´re going to have Elder Paul B. Pieper of the Seventy come and train us, or so in September, which should be good. He is in the Mexico Area Presidency, and is either in the First or the Second Quorum of the Seventy. It should be something good that will help us. We all had to take a survey this week about how well we apply Preach My Gospel, so that he can know what we need to learn more about. Something like that. It was good. We took it on Monday, since today is our P-day, but they needed the surveys by Wednesday at the latest I think.

We went to the Temple today, and then we went to Citadel to do some shopping. The plan was to find some new shoes (didn´t end up buying any), we went to Krispie Kreme Doughnuts and I got a Mexico World Cup Jersey. It was on sale too, which was a great suprise. Should be cool to have in the future. Of course I´ll bring other things home with me (like the lessons learned, memories, friendships, etc.), but it´ll be cool to have this too.

Still no more news as far as the itinerary, but it shouldn´t take much longer now to arrive, and then I´ll forward it home. It´s crazy to think about the fact that I only have 8 more letters home to write, and then I´m there. Time sure does fly sometimes. Life has treated me good. These days I stress myself out to make sure I wrap my mission up the right way. I expect so much from myself. I know that Heavenly Father loves me. He is perfectly just and perfectly merciful, as is our Savior Jesus Christ. They will not make a mistake in how they treat us. We need to trust in Them, do our best, and trust in Their love and justice.

I will be writing again soon (on Monday). I hope to have good things to report. I love you all, and wish you a great week! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment