Translate

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week #102: Miguel Alemán 1.2 - XV- Week 16

I`m going to start off with an excerpt from my letter to President Bird (which I`m currently writing still):

"The past few weeks Elder Pasapera and I have been working, but we have been failing in our lessons with Members. This week we are putting into practice something that the Zone Leaders taught us about setting the daily goals for the week during our Weekly Planning, and working each day specifically towards these goals. It seems very feasible, and they had success putting this method into practice. The whole District is doing this, I believe. I will verify during the week to see how everybody is doing with this method. It should be good. We fell a bit behind in "Las Primeras 12 Semanas," but we`re going to catch up. It has been good to study this manual. I really like it. A lot of people don`t, but I do.

This week we studied the Fundamental "The Role of the Holy Ghost in Conversion," and it was really great. I liked it a lot. Something that we have been failing at is helping people understand HOW the Spirit works in their conversion, such as what kinds of feelings or answers to expect from Him as a confirmation that the message is true. I liked that we were able to see this lack, and start to fix it in our teaching. One scripture that stood out to me was one where the Savior talks about "working" under the section of requirements to have the Spirit with us. It just really clicked, and I understood it very well. We need to work hard if we want to have the Spirit with us. We`ve started talking more about the Spirit, and the way He talks to us in our lessons, and it`s been good.

One such lesson was on a day where we had 5 new investigators. First we taught a woman named Cristal and her son, and she is searching for the truth. We hope that she can make it, and that her son comes along as well. Next we taught a man named Jonathan for a few minutes only, and we presented the Book of Mormon to him, although we didn`t invite him to be baptized. Next we were able to teach two people who seem like they`re really ready, RED TOMATOES. We hope. Bertha and her son Humberto are their names, and it was a great lesson. She said that she has always been Catholic, but that her daughter-in-law is cristiana, so she is a bit confused. We talked to her about how the Holy Ghost will help her to know the truth, and we shared the First Vision with her. We invited her to read the pamphlet, to pray, and to be baptized. She and her son accepted the invitations. It was great. However, they did not come with us this Sunday. Hopefully this week they can make it to General Conference.

I am excited for Conference. I`m sure that in our interview (which is the Tuesday after Conference) we will talk about what I will have felt and learned. As we both know, I am about to take the next step in life, and move on to something new. I know that this Conference I will hear many things that will help me as I take this step. I am going to pay a lot of attention, and I am going to take notes. I am going to try and focus more on my feelings and impressions, and not so much on word for word notes, as I have taken in the past. I know that it will be more valuable to me. I hope that this Conference will be great, and I am looking forward to it."

I hope that everyone has a great weekend, and learns a lot. I`m sorry that my time is short. I`m still writing a bit with President Bird. I felt that my letters to him have been lackluster, so I wrote to him first, and I`m still in that process. I love you all and wish you the best! Have a great week! Talk to you all next week! Also, today we went out to eat: a Chinese Buffet. I was stuffed. I`ll send the pictures next week, for time. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment