Translate

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Week #101: Miguel Alemán 1.2 - XV- Week 15

It`s been just a few short days since I last wrote. Right now I`m in my quest to finish the Book of Mormon in Spanish before I wrap up my time as a missionary. I`m pretty close right now: today I was reading in Mormon 2, 3, and 4. Needless to say, these are not happy times for the people in the Book of Mormon. Everything is falling apart, and it`s because of their own wickedness. These moments of destruction are a lesson to each and every one of us: we must repent and do what is right, we must be humble and depend on the Lord always, we must never boast in our own strength, we must be like Christ. I have been learning and seeing personal lessons as I have been reading the Book of Mormon, and I am grateful for that.

What is new that I can share with everybody? Well, I learned today that my Great Grandma Erekson passed away, and now is a time to remember. I did not have a whole lot of time with her really, but I remember the times we shared together. My memories of her include going to her house with Dad and my cousin, eating whole grain (with seeds) buttered toast, and thinking of her makes me think of Family History Work. I know that she was very involved in that work, and that is an inspiration for those of us who remain here. I personally want to work on my own Family History, especially for the Herrera branch of my family. The blessing of serving a mission in Mexico and learning Spanish is not only for my own benefit, but to help others as well. I know that I will be able to help them receive the Gospel as well. I know that some work is being done for my Holt ancestors, and I would like to help there as well.

We all have a lot of work to do in this life. The Lord expects very much from each and every one of us. We are truly blessed to live in the Last Dispensation, the Dispensation of the Fulness of Times. When Elder Jeffrey R. Holland came to the MTC with some of his family for Thanksgiving, he talked to us about the blessing and privilege we have to live in these days. Every other dispensation fell into apostasy, but ours will not. Ours is the task to bring the Gospel to everyone, both those who are living now and those who have gone on before. We are truly blessed with Temples, which dot the world, wherein we can help those who have died without the Gospel. I am grateful for this blessing.

Right now things are going alright in the Missionary Work part of the Work of Salvation. Rodrigo is out of town for his chess tournament, and Jorge once again was unable to come to Church, but he seems pretty willing to live the commandments, which is great. We hope that he will be able to start coming to Church, and have good experiences. A less-active family came this Sunday, which was great to see. Elder Pasapera gave a talk about Charity and Love, which was good as well. This weeks is another week of work and learning and growth.

I am 21 years old on Sunday. It will be interesting to say that I am 21, and not that I`m 20 now. It`ll make me seem older. I`ve had some great 21 years, and I`ve been learning a lot. I will continue to learn and grow as time moves on. I am grateful to be alive, and I am grateful for the people in my life who help me and teach me and psuh me to be better. I am grateful to my Father in Heaven that I can serve Him and my Savior as a missionary. I am grateful for my many blessings, and encourage all of you to reflect on life and set goals. I will do so.

Have a great week everyone, and I`ll let you all know what`s new next Monday! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment