Translate

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week #91: Miguel Alemán 1.2 - XV - Week 5

It`s been a pretty good week and a half since I last wrote. Things are going well in the area as far as investigators are concerned. We need a lot more of them, but we`ve got three pretty solid baptismal dates as of right now. Their names are Aneth, Ceci, and Santiago. We`re pretty confident they`ll make it. Their current goal is to be baptized in August, and we`re working towards that.

Some more good news! Lucía from my last area is getting baptized this weekend! Elder Anderson called me last night to let me know the good news. She just needs to have her real interview, and voila! It`ll be awesome. I`m glad to see some more results (even if they`re after I leave the area). So, I`m looking forward to that.

Today we went to the Temple, and I enjoyed that. I was able to learn and feel pretty good and calm. The past few weeks I`ve been stressing myself out, but I feel better overall now than I did a few weeks ago, so that`s great. I`m still working on being more relaxed and letting myself feel the Lord`s love, but I`m getting there, a bit more now than earlier this transfer.

The transfers are this next week. Crazy how 6 weeks fly by really quickly. Anything could happen. I could stay, leave, change companions, change positions, whatever. Sunday night we find out what`s going to happen, so that will be exciting. I could totally stay another transfer with Elder Smith if the Lord wants us to. We`ll see how the cookie crumbles. Oh yeah.

Last week we did an activity where the Zone Leaders had us put ourselves in the mind-set of being Returned Missionaries, and thinking of whom we could share the Gospel with. I had a lot of different people and relatives come to mind. I have a lot of work to do when I get home. Lots of people to help enjoy the gospel, and live the happiness it can bring us. But for now, it`s a bit more here focused on my mission.

So, these are the two photos I have for this week. The first is of a bowl of some sweet cereal I bought a few weeks ago. Elder Smith pointed it out to me, and I was ecstatic. I love this cereal, and I haven`t been able to eat it since I left the MTC in January 2013. So, I went like a year and a half almost without them. I love this cereal. Truly a blessing of the Lord. Seemingly insignificant, but a blessing for me.

I bear my testimony that the Lord loves us, and is constantly working towards our happiness and salvation. When we mess us, we can repent. When we go astray, we can return. He has His arms open wide to receive us. We should not let more time go by. We should pray and come unto Him. He will happily receive us. I have learned a lot about repentance out here in the field, and for that I am eternally grateful.

I love you all and wish you the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment