Translate

Monday, May 5, 2014

Week #81: Tamaulipas 1.1 - XIV - Week 25

This has been a pretty good week, and a bit stressful too. There was going to be a baptism this weekend, but it didn´t work out. Hopefully it will happen soon. I´ll keep you informed as to the progress of this investigator. Besides that, the week was pretty good and chill overall.

Our District did change - Elder Bautista headed out to Tres Caminos as a District Leader, and we got Elder Harper as a new member of our District. I already know him from before, and he´s a really cool Elder. I´m glad to have him in the District, and I look forward to getting to know him better as his District Leader on intercambios and other things like that.

This coming week is Mother´s Day! I´m looking forward to calling home. We´re going to Skype from a member´s house here in our area. It should be really good to talk to my family and see them and hear them. This will be my last missionary phone call home - the next time I see them and hear them I´ll be home. That just means that I´ve got to enjoy this call, and work my hardest for the rest of my mission, so that I can feel good about it when I go home.

Last week´s water balloon fight was really fun actually. The Sisters bought normal, blow-up balloons, so the balloons were really tough. Some of them could be thrown, hit the ground (asphalt) and still not pop. It was a really fun activity, and I liked it a lot. It was a good way to end the transfer as a Zone, even if not everybody was there. It was fun though.

Here´s a paragraph from my email to President Bird:

"This week Elder Anderson and I worked really hard to meet the mission goal of 100 contacts, and we were able to reach 101! After talking with you about the goal of reaching 100 contacts, and how you mentioned that we are sometimes too complacent about our goals, we tried harder the last few days of the week and we were able to make it to the goal. It felt good to do that, and we were able to teach 21 lessons in this week too. It felt good to reach the goal. However, the rest of the District was a bit lower than the 100, so it´s something that we´re all going to keep working on. Elder Anderson and I are going to try and make it to the goal in a more steady pace, not having to repent and do so many contacts towards the end of the week."

I am very grateful for my Mom and her love for me. She is always such a good support to me in all of the things that I need to do. Every week she writes me and sends me support, testimony, and love. I am very grateful for her, and that she is my mom. I am also very grateful for my Grandmas, who also love me. I appreciate when they write me and send me their love. I am grateful for the wonderful moms in my life and wish you all and all moms a Happy Mother´s Day!

Everyone keep on working and progressing towards where you need to be! Trust in the Lord, and do what is right, even when it´s hard. I love you all and wish you a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment