Translate

Monday, April 28, 2014

Week #80: Tamaulipas 1.1 - XIII - Week 24

I`ve got some good news to share with you all: I`m staying in Tamaulipas for at least one more transfer. I really do love this ward, and the area is good too. Sure, the work is hard sometimes and it`s been hard to see results for the efforts here, but I`ve learned a lot and I feel good here. I love the members in the ward, and life is good. Last night we got the transfers, and Elder Anderson and I are staying together for another transfer. I will have at least 30 weeks in this ward by the time I leave, if not more. So, basically, Tamaulipas will be the biggest one chunk of my whole mission (in the offices I was in two different wards). I feel good about that.

This has been a good transfer for me as well. Elder Anderson and I are getting along well, and we`re both learning together. He is a good missionary, and we`ve been doing well at practicing in our studies and learning how to work well together in lessons and contacting people in the street. This week we had a pretty average amount of street contacts for us, but we had some good moments as far as progressing investigators is concerned.

Lucía is progressing pretty well still. She came to Sacrament Meeting for the fourth time now, so she`s really close to having her five minimum visits. However, I do not feel that she is ready to be baptized just yet - I want to help her make friends in the ward and have a strong testimony of the gospel. Obviously she feels something, because she is coming to Church and came to a baptism too, but I want to help her be ready to endure to the end. We started this process a bit on Sunday after Sacrament Meeting: we introduced her to some members, but she hasn`t ever stayed past the first meeting, so she hasn`t made a lot of friends yet. We`re going to see what we can do to help her make friends and be ready for baptism this coming May!

Narciso is doing well too - this Sunday they announced his baptism, inviting everyone to attend. I get to conduct his interview this Wednesday, and I`m not too worried about it. I hope he`s good to go and ready for baptism. I`m looking forward to it. Me and Elder Carbajal were teaching him until we split the area, so the Sisters took over the teaching. Now he`s feeling ready for his baptism, and his family supports his decision too. The Sisters asked him whom he would like to baptize him, saying it could be a missionary or a member - preferrably a membre - and he said he wanted me to do it! That`s pretty great. I hope everything works out well. It`ll feel good to have a baptism after so long.

We had a training meeting for trainers and valientes on Friday, and it was good. We did a ton of practicing - teaching basically like 6 lessons in the practice time, and evaluating that. It was good stuff, and we`ve tried to put that more into our actual teaching - more balance and team work, and it`s been good.

So, basically, things are good here. I love you all and hope that you have a great week! Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment