Translate

Monday, April 21, 2014

Week #79: Tamaulipas 1.1 - XIII - Week 23

This was a pretty good week. Last week I felt pretty satisfied for writing an epistle home. This week I`m going to keep it a bit shorter, but this week was another good week full of good moments. I`ll start with Tuesday.

Earlier in the week I was thinking about what to train in my capacitación, and an idea came to me of something cool that we could do during the "practice time." Each District Meeting we start up with a hymn, prayer, thought, then we talk about our areas and some needs we have. After that comes the training. It´s usually training, then practices, then evaluation, then more practices, then a wrap up. I had the idea to train on sharing testimony often (as found in Preach My Gospel, chapter 11). The idea came to me to have each of us bear our testimony during the meeting as a sort of "practice." It was a really cool and spiritual experience. I loved the cool feeling that was there - the Spirit was pretty strong. Bearing our testimony really makes a difference. I´ve been trying to remember than and bear testimony often in contacts, lessons, etc. I know that it´s something special.

On Thursday I got to have my second baptismal interview, and this time I really enjoyed it. It was a great experience. Once again, Elder Bautista and Elder Redford had an investigator ready for baptism. His name is Victorino, and he´s an older gentleman who lives in their area. I had the pleasure of conducting his interview, and he was very ready and very excited. I just felt great after his interview - it was cool to see somebody so excited to know about the gospel. It was great.

Friday we had intercambios with Elder Bautista and Elder Redford. I went with Elder Bautista to his area, and we had a pretty great day and good time. I´m going to miss him when he leaves the ward (he´s been here since August, so it´s very very likely that he leaves). He´s a great missionary, and he´s been very successful here in Tamaulipas.

Saturday was the baptism of Victorino, and it was good. Lucía was able to come with us, and before the baptism we taught her about baptism and confirmation as commandments, and she seemed to understand pretty well. Narciso was with us actually, accompanying us to this and another visit. It was pretty cool. His baptismal date is currently for May 3rd, so we´re hoping it stays good and strong.

On Sunday we were able to find six new investigators in two lessons, which was pretty nice. Two were some sisters who may be able to progress, and the other four was a family that accepted a baptismal date as a goal. I see the father of the family as the most excited about the idea. We´re going to keep working with them and helping them to make it to that final goal (which is really only the first step). Overall, a pretty good week.

I bear my testimony that God the Father lives, that Jesus is the Christ, and that daily scripture study and prayer are essential to our spiritual health, and our faith. I know that what I´m doing is good, and that it has helped and will help me while I remain here in the field. I love being in this ward, Tamaulipas, and hope to stay here for a while longer. I know that God hears our prayers and that the Holy Ghost is our friend, and that He will help us know the truth and guide, strengthen, and bless us. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment