Translate

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Week #77: Tamaulipas 1.1 - XIII - Week 21

This week was pretty good overall. I really enjoyed Conference.

We ended up doing some of the "super intercambio" that I talked about last week. On Saturday we ended up doing what I had said, but at night we returned to our normal companions. It was refreshing and nice to be with Spanish speakers again. I think I´m going to miss it when I go home. Being with an American companion has helped me see how much I like Spanish, and see how the Lord has blessed me to be able to understand it pretty well.

As I said, Conference was really good. I am going to need these messages in the next 6 months, and afterwards of course. In the words of Conference I will find the help and guidance that I need to be a better missionary, friend, and servant of the Lord.

Starting Sunday, and a bit today, I´ve felt a bit frustrated. I feel like I need to improve in my efforts, work harder, and be a better missionary. I´ve talked a bit more about this with my family this week, but it´s what I´m feeling right now so I´ll go ahead and share it in my letter to everyone anyway. It´s kind of frustrating when people don´t fulfil their commitments, even when we´ve tried and tried to help them do it. Sometimes I´m not sure if I´ve failed somehow, or if it´s just their use of agency. I know that there is a lot that I need to improve as a missionary, leader, companion, and friend.

With these feelings and thoughts in mind, I am drawn to think of Elder David A. Bednar´s talk about our burdens, and "spiritual traction," and of course the enabling power of the Atonement. I enjoyed his talk. I feel like when I first read his talk about the "Enabling Power of the Atonement" which he gave at BYU before he was an Apostle, it changed my understanding and perspective a bit. It´s been a great help for me to be sure. He touched on the same theme this weekend, and I liked it. The burdens which we have are there to help us progress. It´s true.

I also liked President Uchtdorf´s talk about gratitude. So many different talks were really good. I can´t begin to list of the good stuff, it´d take too long. I´m very grateful that my family has begun the great tradition of studying General Conference for Family Home Evening every week. I have gotten more out of this Conference of October 2013 than I did out of April 2013 for sure, which has been good. I hope to get a lot out of the latest Conference, and I hope my Ensign doesn´t take too long to get here. I´ve got March´s edition now, so I´m not that behind.

I really liked Conference. I bear my testimony that the words which were spoken are to guide us for the next six weeks. I really enjoyed testifying of President Thomas S. Monson in preparation for the Conference Weekend with the people we visited, and I am grateful for the Gospel and it´s blessings in my life. My wonderful family has always been active and strong, and that has helped me carry on in this life. I am very grateful for the life which I have been given. I am grateful for the example that surround me. I am grateful to the Lord. I invite all of you to listen to, read, and study the latest General Conference as soon as possible, and keep it up until the next Conference. I love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment