Translate

Monday, March 17, 2014

Week #74: Tamaulipas 1.1 - XII - Week 18

Well, another week has gone by and so has another transfer. It´s interesting how quickly times seems to fly by sometimes, and how slowly at other times. This transfer (6 weeks) has gone by really quickly. Tomorrow we have the transfer meeting where we will find out who is our new companion, our positions, etc.

Last night the Zone Leaders gave me the transfers... It was during the weekly call-in report where I talk about the areas in my District and our goals, numbers, and all of that good stuff. First they told me about some of the other areas - no changes whatsoever. Finally the moment came to hear about my area, and they told me that I AM STAYING. Then, they told us that Elder Carbjala is leaving the area. So, that is the only change this transfer. He leaves, I get a new companion, and the Zone opens two new areas up.

The ward Tamaulipas is going to have three companionships as of tomorrow. So, that means that my area will be a bit smaller than it is right now, but it will still be Tamaulipas 1.1. So, it will be interesting to have a smaller area. It´s not that much smaller, but I hope it makes a difference and helps us work better with more people in a more defined area. The other Elders in the ward also have their area smaller as of tomorrow (we both took parts of our area to make the third area) and it will be good for them too. They got the new house where they´re going to live, and they are staying together for a third transfer.

So, I´ll be starting my fourth transfer in the ward with a new companion. I´m looking forward to it. It will be nice to have a bit of a change. We have set some high goals for the next week, and we´re going to have to have a lot of faith, and we´re going to have to pray for miracles, but it can happen. Mircales can happen, they do exist, if we have faith. I´ve seen many little miracles, and we need some these days. It will be a miracle to have 60 lessons in a week, and it will be a miracle to baptize every week. Miracles are possible. We have to work hard though.

We had our Zone Meeting and Zone Conference this week, and it was really good. In the Zone Conferene President Bird talked about the Sacrament and its importance, and how it can help us. It was really good. I liked it. I want to have better experiences as I partake of the Sacrament. It´s one of the ordinances of "Endure to the End." I want to be prepared for, and look forward to, the day when I get to partake of the Sacrament at home again, in Sacrament Meeting in English in our beautiful chapel, with the organ and sacrament hymn that isn´t in the Spanish hymnbook and good stuff like that.

This weekend we´re going to hear from Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He will be speaking to us on Saturday. It´s going to be really good. Our mission is really blessed to be able to have Apostles visit so often. Before I arrived in 2012 Elder Bednar came, last year we had a visit by Elder Holland, and this year Elder Cook. We are truly blessed.

This week we went to San Pedro for a check-up on Elder Carbajal´s skin. We took a bus for about an hour and a half almost to the richer part of the Monterrey area (it´s in the West Mission). During that trip, in the office waiting, and coming back I was able to get some good reading of the Book of Mormon done. I read Alma 5, 6, 7, and 8. I was also able to talk to a man who was seated in front of us on the way back, who talked to us. He seemed really interesting, and it as a good contact. I felt prompted to give him a Book of Mormon that I had, after already giving him the Pamphlet of The Restoration. It was cool. I´m going to pass the referral on.

Well, I think that´s it for now. I love you all and wish you well. I am going to work hard and make the best of the last 7 months I have in the field. It sounds short now... Haha. Today I´ve got 17 months in the field. Time flies by. General Conference is soon. Have a great week everyone! I love you all!

Elder Bautista drew the cool images. The food is called Chilaquiles, and I´ll make them when I get home, I promise. Really simple and tastey.

No comments:

Post a Comment