Translate

Monday, March 3, 2014

Week #72: Tamaulipas 1.1 - XII - Week 16

This week I don´t have a lot of time to write, because we´re going to go iceskating in a little while, so I´m going to try and write what I can in a short amount of time. So, here we go...

This week we worked hard, but still had less lessons than the week before. But, that´s okay. This week looks pretty good actually. We´ve got plans to have some of the youth and others accompany us to our visits, and that will be a huge help. The work is a lot easier to do when somebody is accompanying us. That´s something that I never really had the opportunity to do before my mission - accompany the Elders. Hopefully Luke can get a chance to do it before he heads out, and maybe I´ll be able to lend a hand after my mission too.

What´s new? This transfer is going by pretty quickly. We´re already at week 5 of the transfer. Pretty soon they´ll be telling us what´s up, who´s leaving or who´s staying, etc. It will definitely be interesting. Change is always interesting. It seems like it´s a pretty sure deal that we´ll be getting 2 more missionaries in the ward (making us 6), so that will be a change for the better. We´ll just have to wait and see what happens. In two weeks I´ll let you all know what´s up.

Here´s an excerpt from my letter to President Bird:

"I was able to do two intercambios this week. On Tuesday Elder Bautista came to our area with me, and we were able to have a good working day - we were able to have some powerful lessons and get 2 baptismal dates. I enjoy working with Elder Bautista, he´s a good friend, and a really good Elder. He and Elder Redford know how to work well together, and with the members, and they are good at having many lessons too. We did the inventory, and we set some goals to help them improve their communication one with another, which hopefully will help them.

Later on Friday I was able to bring Elder Harrison to my area to work with him, and it was also a good day. It was a tough day at times with appointments falling through, and other difficulties, but in the end we were able to teach a good amount of lessons, and we enjoyed spending the time together. He is still struggling with his Spanish, but other than that he´s pretty great. He´s excited, he wants to work hard and be obedient, and he´s a good Elder. After the intercambio we had our inventory and we set many goals with Arboledas to help them move forward in the work."

Well, that´s it for today. I love you all and wish you well. Have a great week! Talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment