Translate

Friday, January 3, 2014

Week #62: Tamaulipas 1.1 - XI, Week 1

Merry Christmas for starters! ¡Feliz Navidad a todos mis seres queridos! On Wednesday I get to talk to my family for my SECOND CHRISTMAS. Time flies by. I remember last year when I was talking with my family and I told my dad, "It`s so long! I only have 2 months!" or something like that. And, here I am, at my second Christmas, full of experiences, memories, and lots of learning has taken place.

Christmas is a great time of year. I enjoy it. It`s a bit interesting to be away from home once again. So much has happened in a year. Last year, I was in Colorado in the Greeley 5th Branch. I was able to drive, knock on doors, and I lived in the United States of America. Today, none of those things is true. Haha. But, life is good, and so is being a missionary.

This week a lot of stuff happened, but I`m going to focus on the important things. On Thursday we had a "Posada," which was the Ward Christmas Party. With the transfers, we had a new Elder with us. He is from the United States of America, and he is fresh from the MTC as well. We sang while Elder Bautista read the Christmas Story from Luke 2, and then we sang "Noche de Luz" ("Silent Night"). We left early for the lateness of the Posada, but it was good. We had a lot of less-active members and some investigators comes. Mireya came, and Adrian showed up just before we left. Javier was there too, as was Lucìa (and investigator). We went and got some Tamales before we left (Mexican Christmas food: we ate Tamales in Colorado during Christmas too).

On Friday night we were able to visit with Adrian and Mireya a bit, where we talked about prayer. Afterwards, we went looking for people, but nobody was there. Elder Carbajal suggested that we go and visit a family near our house, and we went. We arrived just when we were needed. The Sister told us a bit about how she was doing, some of her struggles, and we were able to come and share some stuff with her and her son. She said that we helped calm her, and it was a testimony for her that the Lord cares about her, and takes care of her needs. It was pretty special. We`re going to keep helping this family, but I loved this little miracle. Moments like these make the Misison awesome.

On Sunday we had the great miracle and surprise to have Adrian and Mireya there at Church! They had told us that she was leaving town, and he was going to be busy with her the whole day with that, but there they were! They brought her sister too. After Sacrament Meeting they left, but it was great to have them there. Javier came, but after the meeting. A less-active Sister came too. It was good.

My time is short, so I`m going to leave out my personal messages. Sorry! I wish you all a very Merry Christmas to my loved ones, family members, and friends! I love you all. I bear my testimony that Jesus is the Christ, that He lives and loves us. May we reflect on His Atonement especially in his time of Christmas. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment