Translate

Monday, December 2, 2013

Week #59: Tamaulipas -3

What can I say? This past week was a crazy week. Super crazy and full of stuff. Our excursion on Monday ended up with a bunch of us missionaries being in trouble, and getting corrected for it. It was a good learning experience, but of course it always feels bad to be corrected - to have done something wrong. We overstayed our time at the mall, and President corrected the problem. This week I´ve been able to have good repentance experiences. I´ve felt bad for my mistakes and I´ve been able to be more determined to be good, to continue on, and to make the best of the time that I´ve got in the miss

ion still. This week was full of so many different emotions. Thursday we went to the Thanksgiving with President and Hermana Bird. It was pretty good and fun, but it also made me miss home a bit.

We ate Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, rolls with honey butter, Marineli Cider, and Pumpkin Pie. It was tastey. I did like having that food on that day. The rolls weren´t as good as Mom´s rolls though! Ah... Home.

Friday we did intercambios (exchanges) and I got to stay in the area and work with Elder Needham. We were guided by the spirit, and were contacting people, when we contacted a woman. She didn´t feel comfortable giving us her address, but gave us a referral to her family. Elder Needham encouraged us to head over right away, so we did. Once there, it was a woman I had already met with Elder Carbajal, but she didn´t give us her address. Wow! So, we taught her and her family (thanks to Elder Needham, I was just going to make an appointment) and three people accepted Baptismal Dates (as a goal). It was awesome. That was the spiritual highlight of the week.

We had a goal as a Zone that each companionship would have 100 contacts. We started out counted instances, but with Elder Needham changed to people contacted. We started Saturday with 47 / 100, and ended the day with 112 / 100. It was crazy - so much contacting. I felt good that we were able to meet our goal. It was awesome. We were ready for the Temple Activity.

Only problem though, was that our investigators who were going to go became busy. Uh oh. We prayed that we might still be able to go to the activity, with some other investigators. It was as the Lord wanted, because we went with Adrian y Mireya (the two new investigators from last Sunday) but it was a bit of a weird experience for us. The Temple was super crowded, and they couldn´t hear the guides. We ended up explaing to them ourselves afterwards, and we kind of saved the night. Some awesome members - La Familia Villasana - took us. He´s the ward mission leader. It was good overall, and the Lord truly blessed us.

There´s more to this week, but I´m going to wrap up. After the mission we can chat more about everything. I love you all and wish you well!

Love, Elder Izak Thomas Erekson

P.S. Oh yeah! I got to see Elder Harrop (my MTC companion) for the first time since December 17th, 2012. It was pretty great. We´ve emailed a bit, but we haven´t seen eachother until yesterday. I got to see Nahum too. It was nice. The Lord truly blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment