Translate

Monday, November 25, 2013

Week #58: Tamaulipas - 2

This past week was good, but had some stressful moments to be sure. I don´t have a lot of time to write (I´ve still got lots of stuff to write to some other people, so forgive my brevity). I had some stress this week, some tiredness, and one morning I asked for a blessing from Elder Carbajal. He kindly gave me a blessing, and I´ve felt a bit better. I started off pretty stressed, but doing well... And this past week was a bit stressful. The Lord was with us though, and he really helped us to escape dangers, temptations, and to be protected by the Spirit. One contact we did gave us the strong feeling of "No" even though he invited us to come into his house and visit him right there. We followed that impression, and didn´t go in, but we did get his address. We´ll see if we return.

I´ve been finding a lot of comfort and counsel in the Book of Mormon this week too. It´s been good and helping me out.

Yesterday we taught our first "new investigators." We contacted them on Saturday before the food (we celebrated Elder Carbajal´s birthday with some members) - they were contact #55 of the week, and we did 56 in total. If we hadn´t put forth that effort, we may not have found them. We both felt good about the contact, and we went to visit them yesterday to get to know them. We didn´t really teach much, but we got to know them - so in the future we´ll be able to teach more of the actual message. They seem like they could progress and be passionate about the gospel, but we´ll see. They remind me of Pablo y Paty.

Today we actually have free time. Thursday I´m off the offices for THANKSGIVING DINNER with the "Family" so that´ll be awesome. Sunday we´re off to a sort of "open house" at the Temple. Should be a good week. We have a great Ward Mission Leader now, very passionate and with a huge heart. It´ll be good stuff.

This week is Thanksgiving. I am very thankful for my family and the love which they give me. I am grateful for my friends and all that they do for me too. I am grateful to be a missionary, and that I have been able to learn and grow in the mission field. I am grateful that I still have time to learn and improve, and get more out of the my time here. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and the comfort it gives. I am grateful for many things, and I love you all! I am grateful for technology to write home. I am grateful for the Lord Jesus Christ and His Atonement, which enables us to keep going, be with our families forever, and one day live with Him and our Heavenly Father.

That´s it for this letter. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment