Translate

Monday, September 30, 2013

Week #49: Guadalupe (La Oficina) - 5

This week was pretty good. Not a lot of super specific stuff to report, but we´ve been constantly progressing in the number of "Lessons with a Member present" duruing our time together, so that´s been pretty awesome. We felt pretty good about that, but when the weekend came we kind of flopped and didn´t work as well as we could have or should have, but there´s this week to repent and be better at our work.

I don´t really have new photos do send either. Actually, I do. We learned that the mission boundaries have been changed again, giving us more area in our mission. It´s area that´s technically not organized (the areas fall under the jurisdiction of the "Mexico Monterrey East Mission Branch" or something like that). I´ll go ahead and send an image of the new map if it´s available. Nope, I just checked. Those PDFs I downloaded and sent a few weeks back are still not updated with the new boundaries. Oh well.

Reading the Book of Mormon is going pretty well. I´m one chapter away from finishing Mormon, then I´ll be starting to read in Ether. That should be good, as I said last week I think. I hope to be able to get some good stuff from Ether, since I´m not that familiar with it.

So, this week Julio came to Church again. We dropped by on Saturday and gave him some food and drinks, and a white shirt and some dress pants so that he could be a bit cleaner and nicer at Church, and he wore them. This week we´ve got programmed to go and help him out at his house as a District, so that will be good.

Speaking of good stuff, two of the awesome people I´ve met progressed yesterday! Pablo received the Melchizedek Priesthood yesterday! Daniel (the young man) did too! So, that´s good stuff. They´re progressing on their way and going strong.

Also, Nahum (the young man who´s been helping us out a ton) got his mission call. We went to his call opening last night, and he´s going to the Misión México Veracruz! He enters the CCM on OCTOBER 15TH - so that´s really soon! He´ll be just about a year behind me on everything, so that´s pretty awesome.

I´m going to close up the general email for now. Sorry there´s not a ton to report. I´m going to try and have more this next week. OH! That reminds me, since I´ll be busy with the transfers, I´m not going to have my P-day until WEDNESDAY, so don´t expect any mail on Monday. It MAY be a possibility that I can write on Monday, but if I don´t - don´t freak out. I´m doing okay. I love you all and wish you a great week! And, thank you for the birthday wishes!

Love, Elder Izak Thomas Erekson

P.S. Since starting this letter, I have finished Mormon. Next up: Ether.

No comments:

Post a Comment