Translate

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Week #48: Guadalupe (La Oficina) - 4

To start off, I´m finishing up the email from last week. These three photos are from when we went ice-skating last week. It was fun. Cool, cool - now it´s time for this week´s email.

This has been a pretty good week overall. We had some really WET, rainy days, so that was pretty good. Lots of wetness actually. I´ve just been chatting a tiny bit with Dad about the weather - Ingrid is heading our way - but Dad says it´s acutally headed south of our area, so we´ll get rain but not a strong. Speaking of rain, that river we crossed a few weeks ago looked pretty full today. Not crossable.

Overall I´ve felt more on top of things as a missionary this week. It depends on the day... On Saturday I had a pretty great Personal Study and Language Study was edifying too. In the Book of Mormon I finished reading Fourth Nephi today. So, I´m getting close to the end there. Some pretty good stuff I feel is coming. I feel like I don´t know Ether very well, so that´ll be good to read soon. Maybe I´ll finish the Book of Mormon by the time I finish a year in the mission. After that, I want to read it again in English... But I should read it in Spanish. Months ago I was doing it, and I stopped in like 1 Nefi 17.

Hmm... Elder Quevedo and I are getting better numbers, so that´s a great thing. We felt pretty satisfied with this week, but the truth is we can improve a whole lot. We met a "Past Investigator" named Julio, and we are visiting with him. He is a bit older, and it takes a bit more effort and simplicity for him to understand, with some repitition, but he´s willing. He has a goal to be baptized on October 26th. He came to Church this Sunday too. We can help him in many ways, spiritually and phyisically by helping him clean up his home.

I got to eat MOLE again... It was better than the last time, but still gross (to me). I´m not that big a fan of chicken overall actually, unless it´s prepared a certain way - but like, the piece of chicken just sitting there is gross. I learned that mole is the SAUCE ITSELF, and not the chicken. So, that´s gross. I thought if I ate the chicken it´d be fine, but the Sister found out. I didn´t want to tell her, so I didn´t say anything until she asked me directly. Oh well.

What else can I write about? Church was good. One sister talked about Geneology, Salvation for the Dead, and things along those lines, and it was something I needed to hear. Her husband spoke on using our time well. He told a funny story about when he first talked to his wife. He asked her, "Do you have a boyfriend?" - "No" - "Do you want to go out with me?" and she whips out her planner to see when she can (she is also a Returned Missionary). So, that was pretty cool and funny. They´re pretty cool.

What else? Elder Quevedo and I went to get our teeth whitened. It didn´t make them as white as I had hoped, but for the price it´s pretty good I think. They do look whiter. It HURT SO MUCH! I realized today that one of my teeth has the gumline pretty receded, and that one was KILLING me during the like 30 mintues the stuff sat there to soak into the teeth, to get them ready for whitening. It hurt. Needless to say, every once and a while a sharp pain hits me in my teeth. Elder Quevedo has also been experiencing this. But, it´s pretty good.

Some changes that have happened in the mission: Our District Mettings (which used to be on Mondays at 6:30pm - following our P-day) are now going to be Tuesday mornings at 11:00 - 12:30. This way, we can go to Family Home Evenings and visit people on Mondays. I personally like the change. It was always, "When can we meet with you?" - "Mondays" - "Is there another day?" But now, we CAN visit them any day of the week. So, it´ll be nice and hopefully the numbers in the mission go up with this change too.

Tomorrow I´ve got 11 months in the mission field. Time can fly away from you. I feel pretty good overall with my progress and how the time has gone. It feels good to be progressing in time, and it´s good to still have plenty of time left to go. I feel like in some areas I´m on the right track for the future. My last weeks as the Executive Secretary are here. I feel pretty good about this too. Last week I actually was working pretty well here in the offices, gettings some things done more efficiently. But yeah, life is going pretty good.

I think I´ll close up the general email for now. I wish you all well, and I ask that you´ll keep me in your prayers. Take care, have a great week, write in your journals always, and remember to recognize the blessings of the Lord in your lives.

P.S. Carlos (who we were teaching a while back) got baptized a week ago in his actual ward, so that´s good.

No comments:

Post a Comment