Translate

Monday, September 2, 2013

Week #46: Guadalupe (La Oficina) - 2

This past week has been pretty good. We had intercambios and I went and worked in the area of La Pastora. Their area is pretty huge, and it´s really close to El Cerro de la Silla, which is the famous mountain here in the Monterrey area. In their area we can actually see "La Silla" part of the mountain too - in my area you can´t really see it, because we see the side of the mountain, and not the view that gives it its name. We climbed up pretty high and could see the entire valley basically.

The rest of the week we were doing normal stuff. We taught, and worked in the office and went to immigration. We had an adventure too. We went more into the center of Monterrey than I have ever gone in visa trips. It was good. We had to do some paperwork to officially tell immigration that some Elders lost certain legal / visa documents. So, that was pretty cool. Tomorrow we´re going in, in order to finish up some documents. There´s a Sister from the Dominican Republic who has until the 6th to put in her paperwork, we´re going the 3rd! Wooh! But, we´re all good with that. No worries. I´ve got it under control. I only have to really, REALLY, worry about this kind of stuff until October starts, then it´s all up to Elder Quevedo (and of course I´ll be here to help him along the way). Kind of cool knowing my future.

Hmm... What else can I talk about?

Ah yes, our baptism. It was a good experience. Omar is a great kid. We went early in the day to go and get things ready in the baptismal font, cleaning it and starting to fill it up, and we set up the chairs. That afternoon we got together with him and his family, and members of the ward started trickling in before the service. We took a lot of group photos, with primary kids and other ward members, and we went inside to start the service, when guess who shows up. Presidente y la Hermana Bird came to be there for the baptism. They had called and said they were going to try and make it, and they did. Omar was told and he got SUPER excited to see them (they came to our Stake Conference last week). It was cool.

Elder Quevedo had the honor of baptizing Omar. Afterwards, Omar was so happy and emotional that he started to weep. I was snapping a ton of photos on Elder Quevedo´s camera, and I got some really good ones that capture the moment. It´s a blessing the Lord has given us, cameras to capture moments in our lives. I liked getting some good photos. It´s a nice, moving photo.

During our Gospel Principles class, our teacher let Omar´s mom borrow his Triple from his misson, and it had an image of the Savior hugging a person that looks A TON like the photo that I snapped. It´s pretty cool. It can actually be connected to how we will feel when we´re there with Him and our Heavenly Father. Also, as missionaries we are literally REPRESENTATIVES OF JESUS CHRIST, and as such we should live up to certain standards. If we´re doing it right, we are acting as though HE were there. We are to do what He would do, were HE here with these people. That´s something cool and beautiful.

I got a haircut today, we´re going iceskating, and I´m going to be able to go to the Temple this Thursday. This week we´ve got the Leadership Council, and I´m going to be taking the minutes of that, so we´ll see how it goes. That´ll be fun, kind of cool to be there with all of the Zone Leaders, the "Sister Leaders," the Assistants, and President and Hermana Bird. Being "on the inside" of that meeting for the first time. Good stuff.

For now, I close my letter. Take care all, and be happy. Love life, and have a great week. Always remember to write in your journals, and look for the miracles each day in your life. Take care!

P.S. I went to my first ever Ward Council yesterday. 10 months before I had a ward council!

No comments:

Post a Comment