Translate

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Week #9 Welcome to Denver

I'm doing pretty well over here in the Colorado Denver North Mission. So, I'm emailing tonight, since I did not get to yesterday. My P-day is still on Mondays, although next week I will not (probably) get to email, since it's Christmas Eve and the library we are at right now will be closed on that day. However, it should be okay, since I get to call you on the next day.

Before I forget, here is the address of the Mission Offices (that you send stuff to me with) -

Elder Izak Erekson
Colorado Denver North Mission
1250 Main St.
Broomfield, CO 80020

The offices will forward mail to me about a day or so after they get it. As far as packages go, they need to be US mail I think, (maybe First-class?) they're the only ones who let them forward it - otherwise I'll only get them when I'm there. Whichever you want. Thank you for all of your love and care over these past two months family! I was a spoiled Elder at the MTC - so many goodies.

So, my plane flight went pretty well. I ended up meeting those two other Elders who were on my flight, visited with them a bit and this fellow from Australia originally who was traveling on business. He was a pretty nice person. On the actual flight I sat next to this woman from Hungary, who had been spending time in the US to visit her family. She had seen the missionaries, and visited Temple Square, but did not know a lot of things about the Church. We talked about the Church over the hour (not constantly) and I gave her a pass-along "Mormon.org" card which was one of a few which I received from another Elder. It was pretty good, she was pretty kind. One thing that she said, if I understood her right, was that she was supposed to leave the day before but had car issues (both cars which had been working would not start) so she flew yesterday. And sat right beside me. I don't know if it will change anything in the long run for her, but I hope I at least answered some of her questions, cleared some things up, and who knows - maybe she will talk to the Missionaries and feel something? I don't know. We'll have to wait until the end to know what happened. However, maybe something did happen, and will affect her. Her story was unique, placing her in those exact circumstances. The Lord guides us in all that we do in life.

Okay. So, something which I have not yet talked about is my new companion. His name is Elder S.M. He is a "native" Spanish speaker, but it's not exactly what I was thinking. I was kind of thinking he might be from a foreign country, and that it would have some difficulties. However, he has lived in the United States for quite a while now. In fact, he went to the same High School as me, but he didn't graduate the same year. I was grateful we at least had something in common. So far he seems pretty nice. A pretty happy or whatever Elder. President T said that he has "Greeny Fire" or whatever, still wanting to work or whatever. We'll see what I can do to help us out, and push us in the right direction. We haven't worked yet, like, really, but we have eaten with members, and did some service too for a couple of hours or so today. We're going to go get some dinner after this mailing session. Time is approaching its end. We usually eat our own lunch, I guess, and have dinner with members, but today was an exception to that. We might get some teaching done tonight, after English Class. Day Two in Greeley, Colorado (I think that's how it's spelled).

So, I'm going to start wrapping up this email. I'm doing pretty well so far, I should be here for at least a transfer, but we shall see what happens. The Mission is real now, real people. Not "investigators" but people, investigators, members, etc.

Before I left the MTC I got to briefly talk with Elder C, and I saw him shortly after that. Hopefully things go well for everyone on their own missions. I've only got about two minutes left on my mailing time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment