Translate

Friday, November 9, 2012

Week #3, letter to Mom

Dear Mom, I hope things are going well back at home! Throughout the week I have also found some things to help me with my testimony. One good one happened today, within the hour in fact. There is a gym here where you can use turn-bikes, walker-things, and lift, and some other stuff. For the past Mondays I've gone to it with my companion. We bought ourselves earbuds to listen there. There are five televisions showing videos and a movie produced by the Church. Today I watched multiple of those videos, and had a good emotional response/experience. One of the videos was of President Hinckley sharing the story of the dollars and the shoes. With that video I got emotional--kind of thought to myself about how it's not just the story but him that helped. I believe I watched another snippet of something, then I switched over to a video about "living apostles" or however, and there were President Packer, President Eyring, President Uchtdorf, and President Monson testifying of the Savior. My emotions... I was holding back tears type of reaction. And President Monson said something along the lines of "...He is at the helm of this work" or something-- and I think I might have felt emotion at him saying that. I offered a prayer of thanks to the Lord for this--maybe after another video--this video describes what the Savior did, and suffered for us, to music, and I was still fighting tears, would look away, think of the previous video, and look back with emotion. At the end, President Monson testified of the Savior's resurrection. I am grateful I saw what I saw of those videos, felt what I felt, and ... One thought which has occurred to me involved "relying on the Lord" and not on man, or the Spirit, not just information. This has been a good experience. I am grateful for that. I need to try to remember and later be able to "...feel so now." That experience was a blessing just in time to share with you and the people back home. I hope you're well--I'll pray for you. Keep praying for me. Be strong in the gospel. Thank you for your prayers, love, and letters, and treats. I bought a "Conference Magazine" today, so no worries on sending me one of those. Love you Mom. Elder Izak Erekson

No comments:

Post a Comment